Privacy and Security Policy
Our website address is: https://mygreeley.com.
As a visitor to our site, your IP address is automatically collected solely to track the number of computers visiting our site, the pages visited most often, and the timeframe used most frequently. This statistical data is gathered to analyze what information is most frequently requested by the public and how the City of Greeley can best provide it. We also collect additional information about your web browser and operating system in order to improve our service to you. We use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to better understand our demographics and users’ interests; This information does not identify you personally and you may disable tracking by using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
We collect only the information we actually need, some of which is what you give us when you use our submission forms.
Information You Provide Us
If you choose to share personal information with us, that information is available only to city employees who provide a service related to your correspondence. Access is given to those qualified professionals who are assigned the job of providing city services consistent with your interactions with the myGreeley website. Email addresses obtained through this website will not be sold or given to other private companies for marketing purposes. However, notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, the information collected is subject to the provisions of the Colorado Open Records Act, including but not limited to the access and confidentiality provisions of that law.
Cookies are small pieces of information that browsers store on your computer and help us to better serve you by customizing your experience. They do not contain personally identifiable information. We use first-party cookies in order to collect information about visitor behavior on our site. Additionally, some of our site may have third-party cookies which are set by external websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other social sites in order to implement social liking and sharing. You can obtain additional information from these respective sites’ policies. Some Internet browsers have enabled Do Not Track (DNT) features, which send out a DNT signal to the websites you visit indicating that you don’t wish to be tracked. There is currently no standard governing what websites can or should do when they receive these signals.
When you interact or engage with us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram through posts, comments, questions, and other interactions, we may collect publicly available information, including from your profile, to allow us to connect with you. Once collected, this information may remain with us – even if you delete it from the social media sites.
On occasion the City of Greeley will provide links from this website to other websites. The City of Greeley does not assume responsibility for the content, nor does it endorse any opinions expressed on any of these outside websites. As a safety measure, we recommend that you not share any personal information with these third parties unless you’ve reviewed their privacy policies and practices.
The City of Greeley is committed to data security and has taken reasonable precautions to protect such information from loss, misuse or alteration. The city operates a secure data network protected by industry standard firewalls and password protection systems in place to protect, in accordance with those software programs, against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you. Only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our visitors. Unauthorized access will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
INFORMATION ON THE MYGREELEY WEBSITE IS MADE AVAILABLE AS A PUBLIC SERVICE, WITHOUT EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMERS:
1. ACCURACY, CHANGES, AND CONTINUITY OF SERVICE The City of Greeley (City) tries to ensure that the information made available on its website is accurate and complete. Due to factors beyond the control of the City, however, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modifications of information or errors made in inputting and posting data. The City may make changes to a web page at any time to update, add, or correct the information made available.
2. NO WARRANTIES The City disclaims any express or implied warranties related to making its website available for public use, and for any materials, information, graphics, products, or processes contained within its host system. It makes no warranty, express or implied, nor does it assume any responsibility for the use of information on the City’s website, or for the system’s fitness for any general or particular purpose. Nor does the City warrant that the use of information on the City’s website or host system will not infringe or violate the rights of others. The public is granted access to information on the City’s website and it’s host system on a strictly “as is” basis. The City denies responsibility for the conduct of its outside users.
3. EXTERNAL LINKS; PERSONAL OPINIONS This website may contain hypertext or other links to external internet sites. These are provided only for your convenience. Any information, materials, personal opinions, or endorsements of products or services appearing on external sites are not controlled, sponsored, or approved by the City. The City disclaims legal responsibility for any information, materials, or services made available on external sites, and for the personal opinions of individuals posted on any site, regardless of whether the City operates the site, unless the personal opinions are official opinions issued by members of the City government. No other sections of this disclaimer statement are applicable to external sites beyond the control of the City.
4. COPYRIGHT LIMITATIONS The City has made the content of certain pages of its websites available to the public. Anyone may view, copy, or distribute information found within these web pages (not including the design or layout of the pages) for personal or informational use without owing an obligation to the City if the documents are not modified in any respect, and, unless otherwise stated, on the particular materials or information to which a restriction on free use applies. The City makes no warranty, however, that the materials contained within these pages are free from copyright claims or other restrictions or limitations on free use or display. The City disclaims any liability for the improper or incorrect use of information obtained from its website.
5. ASSUMPTION OF RISK OF USE One who uses the information available for public use on the City’s website, including its host system, assumes the risk of using or relying on such information. Neither the City, its employees, nor its agents shall be liable for any damages, including indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages a user incurs as a result of viewing, distributing, or copying materials on the site made available to the public, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
6. MONITORING AND PROTECTING THE SYSTEM FROM INTRUSION All City computer systems are subject to monitoring to assure proper functioning of the system and to provide security for the computer system’s operation. By using the website and its host computer systems, you are consenting to the exercise of such monitoring practices. The City reserves the right to use any legally appropriate measures to prevent and investigate anyone attempting to modify, deface, delete, or otherwise tamper with or abuse the City’s website, server, database, information system, or other City technology asset.
7. COLORADO LAW AND JURISDICTION The materials made available for public use on the City’s website are from computer systems located within the City, and are for the use and benefit of the public. Any person who uses these systems or attempts to gain access to information or materials on these systems is subject to the jurisdiction of the State of Colorado. Any dispute arising from a person using or attempting to use information or materials on the City’s website shall be determined in accordance with Colorado laws and in the courts of Weld County, Colorado.
The terms of this privacy and security policy are subject to change. It is therefore recommended that you refer back to them periodically. Date last modified: February 1, 2020.
If you have questions about our privacy and security policies, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.